Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Posted ImageWelcome to Golden Sunrise. We hope you enjoy your visit.
Golden Sunrise is a Golden Sun fan forum. Along with Golden Sun discussion, Golden Sunrise members enjoy particularly debate, forum games, role-playing, and various forms of creativity from writing to visual art to music.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you can post in the City Gates section. If you join our community, you'll be able to makes posts in the other sections and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Minor Suggestions Topic; Please let us know
Topic Started: Apr 22 2014, 04:06 PM (10,482 Views)
Miva
Member Avatar

A lot has been changing since we upgraded to a zetaboard, mostly a lot of tinkering from the staff, but this forums belongs to everyone so if you have any ideas or suggestions please post them here.

For example: do you like the icons next to the forums? Or are they a bit boring? What do you think would be better?

Are there any golden sun avatars you'd like me to upload? Golden sun emoticons?

Boards that you think should be in a different order?

Games or competitions you'd like to see us host?

Please make your suggestions and we'll look into it for you.
Edited by Ashtoro, Jul 21 2015, 03:32 AM.
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Artisan
Member Avatar

These can be added to the emoticon list. Posted Image

http://idzuno.deviantart.com/gallery/30014893?offset=24

One of them is on the first page.

Miva
Member Avatar

Those are super cute! I saw some of them over at the lost waters forums, but I didn't know where they were from.
It's lovely that the artist made them and welcomes anyone to use them.
I'll get onto that, thanks Alias. I'll also upload them as avatars.
Edited by Miva, Apr 23 2014, 11:44 AM.

Catman
Member Avatar
Loneliest Stardust Crusader

I'd very much appreciate the addition of image width and height attributes being added to the img tag so my sig will work properly.
WHY ARE WE STILL HERE...Posted Image...JUST TO SUFFER?!

Miva
Member Avatar

I'll look into how I could do that when I get some free time.
Could you not remove the attributes for the time being? The images aren't that different in height.

Catman
Member Avatar

They actually are quite differently sized. The forum I use more than this one automatically shrinks sig images down to being no taller than 150 pixels, which is why they all have height=150.

Miva
Member Avatar

Testing

Be excellent to each other...Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image...and party on, dudes!

EDIT: it can already but code it like this:

Code:

Be excellent to each other...[center][img=343,150]http://www.romhack.me/file/pic/photo/2013/04/83fddd4b258d8811d4d282779701708f.gif[/img][img=266,150]http://i.imgur.com/1o2kBBr.gif[/img][img=362,150]http://www.romhack.me/file/pic/photo/2013/04/42aa9c176294158407102e9a7432ad21_500.gif[/img][/center][right]...and party on, dudes![/right]

Party on indeed!
Edited by Miva, Apr 24 2014, 04:11 PM.

Catman
Member Avatar

Oh so it was just a difference in formatting, ok then. Thanks!

Miva
Member Avatar

No problem :)

skanskan73
Member Avatar
Man of Situation
I propose to add a option "delete message" because if one post a message in a wrong section he can deleted the message :) .

Sagie
Member Avatar
crotchety

Skan, you can ask a moderator or administrator to delete your post. :) We don't give it out to everyone, because some people (mean people, not you) might delete good posts.

I'll delete the wrong one you made. :)

skanskan73
Member Avatar
Man of Situation
thank you very munch :)

Harly
Member Avatar
#HarlyforHarly20Harly

Well, I don't see what would be wrong with freely being able to delete your own replies? It is pretty standard in most forums, I think. I was pretty surprised when I realized I couldn't do it here, and it has led to a few awkward moments, haha.

Of course, if it is really hard to code for some reason, it isn't necessary, but it would be a nice feature.
"He walked down, for a long while avoiding looking at her as at the sun, but seeing her, as one does the sun, without looking."
Awards!
Certificate of Not Being A Loser
Baronly Crest

Catman
Member Avatar

The lack of post deletion is a security thing. If someone was spamming or provoking someone in an argument they would not be able to cover up their tracks.

Miva
Member Avatar

Yeah that's the basic idea, there is an option in the admin CP to allow it, but I'd rather not turn it on. If you want one deleted, as Sagie said, ask a mod or admin, and in the mean time edit the contents to say 'post deleted' or something.

You can delete the contents, but not the post, that way if someone does flame or spam, then delete it to cover tracks and someone complains about their behavior we can see that they did edit their post suggesting the complaint might be valid.

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Help Desk and Suggestions · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Member of the Golden Sun United Nations, helping fansites help each other since 2016
CLAN POINTS
Venus
33 Points
Mars
14 Points
Jupiter
12 Points
Mercury
0 Points
Last season winner is Venus

Affiliates

Golden Sunrise GSAR ToK Golden Sun Universe GSHC GSL Aeiou TLW GSUN