Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Posted ImageWelcome to Golden Sunrise. We hope you enjoy your visit.
Golden Sunrise is a Golden Sun fan forum. Along with Golden Sun discussion, Golden Sunrise members enjoy particularly debate, forum games, role-playing, and various forms of creativity from writing to visual art to music.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you can post in the City Gates section. If you join our community, you'll be able to makes posts in the other sections and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
You would..
Seal Alchemy 1 (14.3%)
Unseal Alchemy 6 (85.7%)
Total Votes: 7
To seal or unseal Alchemy?
Topic Started: May 12 2018, 05:16 PM (87 Views)
Neshi
Member Avatar
☀ Lana the adventurer☀

[I know it maybe should be in Golden Sun section but no, it'd be interesting to also hear opinions of people who have never played the games, especially that legends about Alchemy exist in our world too.]

You are faced with a choice: to seal or unseal Alchemy. What would you do?

Alchemy is a force beyond our imagination: it's a source of life, the energy that flows everywhere. It can awake every being's inner force and make it stronger. People sealed Alchemy because they were afraid of its power and of horrible things people could do with it. They didn't weigh up that without it the world would gradually fall into decay..
If Alchemy was unsealed again, everything would change: people and animals would gain new powers and we'd face fearsome monsters, new races and have to learn how to coexist with them. However, the world would regain its energy and destroyed lands and nature would reborn.

Knowing that, what would you choose?

Posted Image
My Sunrise Awards <3

Posted Image
Click for more info about Golden Sun Legends! Also click to see The Chronicles of Golden Sunrise!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Nedben
Member Avatar
Orzic Nedbens

Unseal. Murdering the world is unnecessary. The unsealing cataclysms are survivable. The world rotting alive and vanishing is not necessarily survivable. It will also take time to redevelop the techniques to seriously screw up the world again and most of the monsters seem to take a while to get that formidable as well.

....I'm also a fan of higher power settings, a few million sacrifices should be fine.
Signature

Catman
Member Avatar
Loneliest Stardust Crusader

I voted seal so I can play an anti-villain. The world needs to be strong in order to handle the powers of alchemy, if they cannot defeat me in order to unseal alchemy, then they might as well suffer the destruction of their world, because unsealing alchemy would only cause the same thing but much more violent.
WHY ARE WE STILL HERE...Posted Image...JUST TO SUFFER?!

Delfes
Member Avatar
Regular Adept #18

Unseal. Why would I want to break what should be the normal laws of physics and watch the world decay from the universe failing because some fool decided it would be smart to stop part of the cycle? It would be like trying to live on earth with shut off gravity. Sure, it'll be fun at first, you get to fly around, but then you realise without it everything starts going wrong because it's kind of necessary for everything we have and evolution is going to take literally ages to get used to it.

Besides, I'd love having a few basic magic powers like being able to create protective forcefields(or giant invisible hands, whatever appearance it may take doesn't matter to me) with my mind. Not only that, but alchemy was set up as the foundations of the world. Sealing it would likely have the effect of a global chemical inhibitor on any reaction, from creating fire to medicine. It's not just "everything gets magic" vs "no magic and the world decays", it goes as far as stagnating everything by making any breakthrough difficult because you'd likely have to emulate an unsealed environment for the more advanced stuff.
Edited by Delfes, May 13 2018, 05:31 AM.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Rule of existence: Whenever luck is involved, somehow, somewhere, someone will get trolled by it.

Misery
Member Avatar

Catman
May 12 2018, 06:31 PM
I voted seal so I can play an anti-villain. The world needs to be strong in order to handle the powers of alchemy, if they cannot defeat me in order to unseal alchemy, then they might as well suffer the destruction of their world, because unsealing alchemy would only cause the same thing but much more violent.
Wow, looks you just summarized the plot of Golden Sun

Robert Joe
Member Avatar
Party Tank

Power might be dangerous, but without it everything crumbles into a vacuum. It is better to embrace it than to fear it despite the risks, and I think that Golden Sun actually illustrates that pretty well.

So, yeah. Have a 100% chance of the world going through a slow, painful death? Or, go for rapid technological/quality of life advancement at the cost of a smaller chance of the world getting nuked? The choice is pretty obvious. The unsealing event is probably basically Weyard's equivalent to the industrial revolution.
Edited by Robert Joe, May 14 2018, 12:47 AM.
Posted ImagePosted Image

DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · The Senate · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Member of the Golden Sun United Nations, helping fansites help each other since 2016
CLAN POINTS
Venus
33 Points
Mars
14 Points
Jupiter
12 Points
Mercury
0 Points
Last season winner is Venus

Affiliates

Golden Sunrise GSAR ToK Golden Sun Universe GSHC GSL Aeiou TLW GSUN