Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Posted ImageWelcome to Golden Sunrise. We hope you enjoy your visit.
Golden Sunrise is a Golden Sun fan forum. Along with Golden Sun discussion, Golden Sunrise members enjoy particularly debate, forum games, role-playing, and various forms of creativity from writing to visual art to music.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you can post in the City Gates section. If you join our community, you'll be able to makes posts in the other sections and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
E3 2018: What's Camelot up to now?
Topic Started: May 3 2018, 03:20 AM (125 Views)
Sagie
Member Avatar
crotchety

Camelot's working on Mario Tennis Aces, which will launch for the Switch June 22 and which we're bound to see this year at E3.

However, with the big Switch push from Ninty, I wouldn't be surprised if they were up to something else, too. They tend to have a game a year or every two years, so it's not out of the question for them to make something else and show it there for the first time.

My bets would be on, if anything, a Mario Golf for Switch since the last Mario Golf was World Tour back in 2014. Since that, Golden Sun, and Tennis are their only three things in the last 20 years (I shit you not, Shining Force 3 was back in 98!), Golf is probably next in the rotation.

That said, they did do Mario Sports Superstars on 3DS last year. We might always see a generalized Mario Sprots game for Switch. I'm pretty well convinced that the 3DS is out the window at this point though, no matter what Ninty says about it.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

NOX
Member Avatar

If Camelot is not working on a Mario-sport game,
maybe they are taking a break ?

I'm not playing that much console game, as of now,
so, I'm not really expecting anything special from Nintendo or Camelot.

My random (and not really realistic) ideas are :
>A Mario chess game, because, why not ?
>A new IP, so we get something else than Mario-sports but no GS.
>International Switch port of, until then, japan-only Shinning games.
(There would be a lot of shinning fans interested.)

Shadowfyst997
Member Avatar
The Dark Wolf General

Golden Sun 4 please. Give us Isaac for Smash 5, that will increase Golden Sun awareness and hype like it did for Fire emblem in Melee, and then give us Golden Sun 4 please. At the VERY least, wrap up the story. Maybe further games set in in the past or future? IDK and IDC. Give us GS4 please, even if it's only as decent as Dark Dawn.
Posted Image Posted Image <-- Courtesy of Safe Haven and Saucy Goblin respectively! :3 <3

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Sagie
Member Avatar
crotchety

Do you think that's even still a reasonable possibility? I'm very of the mind it is not, and if it were, given the trajectory of Dark Dawn the game would not be worth it.

NOX
Member Avatar

Or, make it that GS4 is all about fixing, in universe, the bad side-effects that DD quest induced ?
If done well, it could be interesting and rekindle the interest of fan, for the good points of DD.

Anyway, I think that GS4 needs to address GS3 for the franchise to revive.
(Outright ignoring DD might be a hit or miss move.)

Sagie
Member Avatar
crotchety

I just think it's a huge stretch that Camelot or Nintendo would be interested in resurrecting the franchise at all.

Delfes
Member Avatar
Regular Adept #18

"international switch port of shining games"

"unrealistic idea"

There's actually a shining game being ported(and expended) for Switch and announced for 2018 already. It's just not a Camelot Shining game.
Edited by Delfes, May 4 2018, 03:01 AM.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Rule of existence: Whenever luck is involved, somehow, somewhere, someone will get trolled by it.

Sagie
Member Avatar
crotchety

Yeah every time I see Shining on a line-up for anything I get excited til I remember Camelot doesn't do that anymore.

Tichondrian
Member Avatar
Tide Warden

I think if anyone is hoping for a new Golden Sun game, I am willing to bet a million dollars it's not happening this year or next year or after. Anything Golden Sun has been dead for many years, as much as I would love to dive back in the world I only really want to see Switch ports of the original two. I don't need another Golden Sun and at this point it as Duke Nukem Syndrome, they can't make a good game anyway at this point. We expect way too much, everything good from Golden Sun The Lost Age and removing all the bad things they did in Dark Dawn.

It's not happening and if it was, I do not doubt the majority of people are going to be dissappointed
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
One for all, and all for me。
Avatar by Yurax-Mae. Signature by Neshirys

NOX
Member Avatar

I think that I would be happy with a new IP from Camelot.
They could do a fresh spiritual successor to Golden Sun.

Sagie
Member Avatar
crotchety

Spiritual successor or not, I would love to see them tackle RPGs again. They did a good job with Shining Force, too.

ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
« Previous Topic · Other Camelot Games · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Member of the Golden Sun United Nations, helping fansites help each other since 2016
CLAN POINTS
Venus
33 Points
Mars
14 Points
Jupiter
12 Points
Mercury
0 Points
Last season winner is Venus

Affiliates

Golden Sunrise GSAR ToK Golden Sun Universe GSHC GSL Aeiou TLW GSUN