Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Posted ImageWelcome to Golden Sunrise. We hope you enjoy your visit.
Golden Sunrise is a Golden Sun fan forum. Along with Golden Sun discussion, Golden Sunrise members enjoy particularly debate, forum games, role-playing, and various forms of creativity from writing to visual art to music.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you can post in the City Gates section. If you join our community, you'll be able to makes posts in the other sections and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Which one is better?
Summer time 3 (42.9%)
Winter time 4 (57.1%)
Total Votes: 7
Summer time vs Winter time
Topic Started: Mar 25 2018, 04:31 PM (582 Views)
Neshi
Member Avatar
☀ Lana the adventurer☀

:?: Summer time vs Winter time

Which one do you prefer? Which one should we have all year in your opinion?

Posted Image

Yay, today's the first day of DST! I'm hyped for longer days! :3
My Sunrise Awards <3

Posted Image
Click for more info about Golden Sun Legends! Also click to see The Chronicles of Golden Sunrise!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Miva
Member Avatar

For me: evening lights is better than morning light. Yes; it's nice to wake up in the sunlight, but I'd rather have sunlight hours when I get home from work, than before I go.
Besides in the winter it's dark all the time regardless of whether the clocks are forward or back.

I think we should just stick with summer time clock all year. There isn't any good reason to keep the changing it back and forward. Also since different countries move it at different time (if at all) its just confusing now we live in a global world.
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Ashtoro
Member Avatar
Paladin of Hallowed Light

I prefer Standard Time because that's the natural time. The sun reaches the highest point in the sky (relative to the local meridian), and that should happen in the approximate middle of the day (also known as noon). Adjusting the clocks means it happens at 1pm. PM means post-meridium! But suddenly 12:00-12:59pm is before midday!

Society should have just made everyone get up an hour earlier instead of messing around with the clocks, especially since they don't even change them at the same time.

Also the sun makes everything too bright and hurts me eyes, so I still prefer standard time. Realistically I don't care too much about which and get more annoyed about having to change the clock and adjust.
-- Ashtoro

Delfes
Member Avatar
Regular Adept #18

Isn't 1 PM the intended time for mid-day? I'm not used to AM/PM since we usually go by either context or using the 24h00 writing for time where I live, but 12h00-12h59 pm would be the middle of the night, no? I mean, why would the clock go 12-1-2-3...10-11 then switch to PM and start at 12 PM just to go back to 1 PM at the very next hour. That sounds dumb.

I may have confused a few people when writing times in AM/PM format if I'm wrong, though. Since I assumed the thing followed the basic order rule of "start counting at 1" and lunch was at 12 AM and switched to 1PM after lunch.

As for time, I like having light later rather than earlier. I end up sleeping in long after sunrise whenever I don't have something like classes very early in the morning, having time go back an hour to have earlier daylight is just a complete waste in my eyes. All it accomplishes is make it so more daylight is not seen from people sleeping through it or not being affected much because they're going to work in a building anyway while making it darker earlier when they get off work and can actually enjoy said daylight.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Rule of existence: Whenever luck is involved, somehow, somewhere, someone will get trolled by it.

Miva
Member Avatar

More accurately you should start counting at 0, like if you press go on a stop watch it starts at 00:00. Which is why 12pm should be midday, itís the twelfth hour, but also itís the zeroth hour of the afternoon.

Ashtoro is right I guess; winter time with noon as he middle of the day and then just starting work at a time that fits within that system does make sense.
Edited by Miva, Mar 26 2018, 07:09 AM.

Catman
Member Avatar
Loneliest Stardust Crusader

My sleep pattern usually is oblivious to daylight hours and well... timezones too. What day is it anyway? Does it matter anymore?
WHY ARE WE STILL HERE...Posted Image...JUST TO SUFFER?!

Nedben
Member Avatar
Orzic Nedbens

DST is simply an annoyance to me. I don't spend enough time outside to really care about the timing of natural light, the act is an inconvenience that destabilizes my sleep schedule even so.
Signature

Delfes
Member Avatar
Regular Adept #18

Mmmh, I guess that gives me a new argument for the 24h00 format, then. Lower risk of confusion.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Rule of existence: Whenever luck is involved, somehow, somewhere, someone will get trolled by it.

Ashtoro
Member Avatar
Paladin of Hallowed Light

24-hour clock ftw, I use it all over the place. I usually have to translate in my head before I tell someone what time it is, so I've become quite efficient at it.
-- Ashtoro

Miva
Member Avatar

Sure 24hr clock is fine.

12 would still be midday though, assuming 24 is midnight.

Shadowfyst997
Member Avatar
The Dark Wolf General

Summer is bad because = heat. Winter is better, but still not as good as Fall. Fall is the best season. Why can't we have Fall all year round. Cut out Summer Winter, Spring can stay I guess. Spring and Fall.

As for times, I'm more of a night owl, i prefer being awake at night. Only problem is, most of the world doesn't. So when i'm up at 4 in the morning, I can't go get groceries, or go to the store. Regardless of what I WANT, my sleeping hours are dictated by school and work.
Posted Image Posted Image <-- Courtesy of Safe Haven and Saucy Goblin respectively! :3 <3

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

WitchRolina
Member Avatar
Missing the Unified Aesthetic

I prefer longer days. Society is just geared to work later, so longer days is just plain more beneficial to everyone involved.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Neshi
Member Avatar
☀ Lana the adventurer☀

Summer Time is better. Days are longer and you have more time to do things outside. It's also not that depressing like when it's Winter Time; you go to school/ work it's dark, you come back from school/work it's dark. The only drawback of Summer Time is that sometime it's harder to fall asleep when birdies are so loud and the daylight starts to appear at 3-4am 8D'
My Sunrise Awards <3

Posted Image
Click for more info about Golden Sun Legends! Also click to see The Chronicles of Golden Sunrise!

ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Register Now
« Previous Topic · The Senate · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Member of the Golden Sun United Nations, helping fansites help each other since 2016
CLAN POINTS
Venus
33 Points
Mars
14 Points
Jupiter
12 Points
Mercury
0 Points
Last season winner is Venus

Affiliates

Golden Sunrise GSAR ToK Golden Sun Universe GSHC GSL Aeiou TLW GSUN