Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Posted ImageWelcome to Golden Sunrise. We hope you enjoy your visit.
Golden Sunrise is a Golden Sun fan forum. Along with Golden Sun discussion, Golden Sunrise members enjoy particularly debate, forum games, role-playing, and various forms of creativity from writing to visual art to music.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you can post in the City Gates section. If you join our community, you'll be able to makes posts in the other sections and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The Long Journey of Tabula
Topic Started: Dec 1 2017, 03:42 PM (5,373 Views)
Shadowfyst997
Member Avatar
The Dark Wolf General

Spoiler: click to toggle


Tabula awoke in a pitch dark room, unable to perceive anything around. Sitting up on the floor they had been laying on, They raised their hand in front of their face, although in the dark it was unable to be seen. Tabula was very confused and more then a little frightened. Where were they? Why were they here? Who were they? Other then the name of Tabula, they couldn't remember anything. However, as they sat there on the cold hard floor, memories began to come flooding back in,


Is Tabula a Boy or a Girl?

How old is Tabula? 15? 25? or 40?

Additionally, because i love having as many Discord servers as humanly possible, I have made one for Tabula. Come for discussion and planning. Invite is here > https://discord.gg/eygvMMU
Edited by Shadowfyst997, Dec 6 2017, 03:17 AM.
Posted Image Posted Image <-- Courtesy of Safe Haven and Saucy Goblin respectively! :3 <3

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Nedben
Member Avatar
Orzic Nedbens

Boy. 25.
Signature
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Shadowfyst997
Member Avatar
The Dark Wolf General

Tabula smiled as the memories came flooding in. He was a young man, barely into his adulthood at 25. What other memories bubbled to the surface?

Did He live alone? Did he live with family? Or did he live with roomates?

Was he Employed? If so, doing what?
Posted Image Posted Image <-- Courtesy of Safe Haven and Saucy Goblin respectively! :3 <3

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Nedben
Member Avatar
Orzic Nedbens

No, you lived alone (you had family and they were funding you, but they were distant and wanted to get you out of their hair in the most profitable way possible), and were unemployed because you were busy going through medical school when this happened.
Signature
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Shadowfyst997
Member Avatar
The Dark Wolf General

Tabula nodded in recollection. He was an unemployed student, learning the art of medicine. Luckily, his parents were well off, and basically funded his entire university career, which was nice. Sometimes, he suspected they had only done it to get him out of their hair. Like that one Christmas were they sent him a generic card addressed to Dear Son/Daughter. That was fun.

Shaking his head, Tabula looked around once more. He still couldn't see anything, but his other senses worked just fine. Pulling himself off of what felt like a cold marble or stone floor, Tabula listened really hard. He felt like he could hear the occasional beeping coming from the opposite corner of the room, although it was muffled and hard to hear. Other then that, silence.

He couldn't smell or taste anything(though he was glad that the room was dark, so no one could see him lick the air). He wasn't quite sure of what to do, so he just stood there thinking

Should he

Walk around in the dark and see what he can find?

Keep standing there, listening

Keep standing there, remembering more about himself

Call out, and see if someone responds

Posted Image Posted Image <-- Courtesy of Safe Haven and Saucy Goblin respectively! :3 <3

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Kongu
Member Avatar


Walk around in the dark. If you make any noise, they could hear you.
Matthew can't hold any more, so who gets it? - Mustachioed Merchant
What in winter's name? - Olaf
Welcome to another sacreligious Christmas fuck-fest (The Angry Video Game Nerd, Bible Games 2)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Nedben
Member Avatar
Orzic Nedbens

Approach the beeping. Maybe we can find the source.
Signature
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Shadowfyst997
Member Avatar
The Dark Wolf General

Tabula feels around in the dark, moving in the direction of the beeping noise. Careful not to make any sound of his own, in case he alerts anything...unfriendly, he moves with a slow deliberate pace. After a minute or two of slow, deliberate movement, he reaches a couple of objects in the middle of the floor. After feeling around, he can tell that they are three pillars, made of the same smooth stone/marble the floor is made of, with what feels like a glass case on top of each. Finding no markings where they may open, Tabula left them for now.

Moving closer to the beeping sound, Tabula smashes his shin on something hard. Unable to stop himself, he curses loudly and grabs his leg. Letting the pain subside, he listened to see if anything would respond to his cursing. Hearing nothing, he felt around. It would seem he smashed his shin on a wooden desk, and the beeping was coming from one of the drawers.


Should he Open the Drawer?

Go back to investigate the pillars?

Should he start swearing as loudly as possible, because dammit his shin still hurts?



And a more meta question

Would you prefer to be given choices to choose from?

Or would you prefer to receive a more open prompt, like a "What should he do" kinda thing?

Posted Image Posted Image <-- Courtesy of Safe Haven and Saucy Goblin respectively! :3 <3

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Nedben
Member Avatar
Orzic Nedbens

Try to open the drawer in case the beeping noise has a light source, such as a small red light indicating it is powered on. We could use the illumination, assuming we are not blinded.

Choices are functional as long as we have the freedom to suggest more. Need to determine the abstraction space and agency of Tabula for if/when we the buzzers get too pushy.
Signature
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Shadowfyst997
Member Avatar
The Dark Wolf General

Tabula groped around, looking for the drawer handle. Finding it, he tugged, as the drawer slid open easily. As soon as it opened, The beeping sound became louder, and it was clear that it was coming from, a small slightly glowing red button. It was enough illumination to see the button itself, a little bit of the interior of the drawer, and Tabula's hand.

Should Tabula Push the Button?

Ignore the Button?
Posted Image Posted Image <-- Courtesy of Safe Haven and Saucy Goblin respectively! :3 <3

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
xX_GrimCloud_Xx
Member Avatar
Grim Heretic

Push that button
...
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Nedben
Member Avatar
Orzic Nedbens

Push it. It's probably not bright enough to use.

If it is bright enough to use as a light source AND can be removed easily, take it out and shine it around before pushing.
Signature
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Shadowfyst997
Member Avatar
The Dark Wolf General

Tabula tries to pry the button from the drawer, but it's attached firmly to the back of the drawer. With a shrug, Tabula pushed the button. For a brief moment, he heard "HERESYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!" screeched in his head, but dismissed it as a meta joke.

As soon as the button was pressed, the beeping stopped, and a low whirring sound started happening around the room. Alarmed, Tabula took a step back, only for the the lights in the room to come flooding on. Shielding his eyes with his arm, Tabula waited for his eyes to get used to the glare. He could hear more whirring and clicking sounds coming from around him, but he couldn't see just yet. When his vision had adjusted, he lowered his arm and looked around.


He was in a smallish, square, white room. The walls and floor were both white, with the floor definitely being marble and the walls made of what appeared to be stone. There were 2 doors in the room, one close to where he had woken up (South), the other on the other side of the room (North). The desk was in the North East corner. It had a computer on it, but was otherwise barren. There was also a drawer above the one with the button in it.

Tabula looked over at the three pillars he had felt before. Some of the clicking had come from their direction. Investigating closer, he saw that the glass covers had slid down into the rest of the pillar. The Western Pillar had a Revolver on it. The Middle Pillar had a gleaming silver key. And the Eastern Pillar had a book on it.


What should Tabula do?
Posted Image Posted Image <-- Courtesy of Safe Haven and Saucy Goblin respectively! :3 <3

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Nedben
Member Avatar
Orzic Nedbens

See if you can turn on the computer. Check where the lights are: do they compose the entirety of the ceiling or only part of it?

Is any title or other detail visible on the book?
Signature
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Shadowfyst997
Member Avatar
The Dark Wolf General

Tabula looks around, trying to determine where the lights are coming from. As best as he can tell, they are coming from the ceiling. Not from like, an external light, but holes in the roof with bright light coming out(probably light bulbs, maybe sorta).

Tabula checks the computer. It's turned off, so he tries to find the power button. Finding the tower underneath the desk, Tabula hits the power button. It starts to boot up, but it's a very slow process. The computer seems to be a very old model, barely functional.

While it's booting, Tabula checked the book. The cover says it is a book of Yathran Symbol Translation. The cover has a few really strange looking symbols on it, none of which Tabula can recognize.

Shrugging, Tabula goes back to the computer. It has finished booting, and is now on a welcome screen, with 2 user accounts visible. The one on the left has a picture of an eye and is labelled "Admin". The one on the right has a picture of a telletubby and is labelled "George".

What should Tabula do?
Edited by Shadowfyst997, Dec 4 2017, 06:31 PM.
Posted Image Posted Image <-- Courtesy of Safe Haven and Saucy Goblin respectively! :3 <3

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Games Hall · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Member of the Golden Sun United Nations, helping fansites help each other since 2016
CLAN POINTS
Venus
33 Points
Mars
14 Points
Jupiter
12 Points
Mercury
0 Points
Last season winner is Venus

Affiliates

Golden Sunrise GSAR ToK Golden Sun Universe GSHC GSL Aeiou TLW GSUN