Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Posted ImageWelcome to Golden Sunrise. We hope you enjoy your visit.
Golden Sunrise is a Golden Sun fan forum. Along with Golden Sun discussion, Golden Sunrise members enjoy particularly debate, forum games, role-playing, and various forms of creativity from writing to visual art to music.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you can post in the City Gates section. If you join our community, you'll be able to makes posts in the other sections and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Enlightment into Weyard's Alchemy; How did I discover Golden Sun
Topic Started: Nov 27 2017, 09:11 AM (309 Views)
romantyke
Member Avatar

Greeting to all of you Golden Sun fans.

First of all, I wanted to say that I've been looking for some forum about Golden Sun games lately. It's a priceless and vividly rich game series which most of the youngsters of nowadays may never even hear about, sadly.

How did I discover Golden Sun? Let's see here... Okay, first of all, I'm an orphan. So when I got sent to an orphanage back in fall 2000, I was merely nine, and the Game Boy Advance wasn't even released yet. It was a place with several boys between six and eighteen. All of them were gamers, more or less, but all had their Game Boy Colors and I eventually went into gaming with them as well. On summer 2001, Game Boy Advance had been released and I heard about the spectacular games it had -- once of them had retained my attention -- Golden Sun. But I had to wait only till June 2004 to get my first Game Boy Advance. The game I bought was Golden Sun - The Lost Age.

Yes, it was a pity I started the game series with the second game -- the first game was completely unavailable anywhere -- not even after searching for it for ever. But I started the game anyway, the second game. I was almost fourteen back then and I have to admit I fell in love completely with it. Back then, I didn't speak a single word of English -- I was raised in a French speaking province in Canada. Everyone here speaks French. But this game -- yes, Golden Sun - actually compelled me to read the text in the cutscenes, and I eventually grasped English. Golden, this very series, had made me learn English, and I eventually was able to even speak it.

Now, let's say that the game's storyline was very my style. It was filled with the deepest of mythological sciences I love -- Alchemy. We all know that Weyard's Alchemy was very different from the traditional Alchemy. But still! The very complex problematique of the story and the world around it really touched me. It was far fetched -- and not far fetched. I managed to complete the game after numerous hours into it. The most frustrating bosses to me were Poseidon (I didn't have the Trident back then) and in the end, Doom Dragon. I eventually, however, got the idea that the first game was to be sold somewhere second hand.

When I was almost seventeen, I found it. The first game, in a pawnshop. Of course, I bought it, and since it was sadly, already sold, I paid big price for it, throwing all my allowances on it. And it was well worth it. Once I was back home, I started to play it on my now-battered Game Boy Advance. I finished it much quicker than the second game. Because my Ebglish by then was near perfect, making the game easier to read and to understand -- and I had definitely a better knowledge of the Golden Sun world. I used the Send Option from the Clear Data to the now old second game cartridge, and I finally was able to face off with Dullahan and get the ultimate Iris Summon for my final second game.

Now, what's odd, I kept the cartridges for a very long time -- until they were no longer in function and until my Game Boy Advance SP also died. Meanwhile, I was finally eighteen and left the orphanage to start a life as a grown up. I started to wish for a third game. The Nintendo DS Lite was already there for quite some time. I had my answer with Dark Dawn when I was twenty. Of course, I bought it and finished it within a mere week. The game itself was a great update in graphics -- but the cliffhanger ending left me with very -- VERY -- many questions left unanswered. For one thing -- I WANT a next Golden Sun game. For another, I WANT, at least, the first game Duology, to be remade into a single cartridge or to be rereleased into something more whole as a single game because the Virtual Console never released the second game in my region and this left me very angry for my collection.

I hope you are very big fans of the game series as well. Very few games have left me this entranced for so many years though. This is definitely a masterpiece.

I wish you a very nice day. Hope to catch some of your comments soon.

On good thoughts.
Regards,
Alexandre
Go, brave Adepts! By your hands, may the remaining lighthouses burn bright once more!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Nedben
Member Avatar
Orzic Nedbens

Hello and welcome to Sunrise!

(A bit underwhelming response from me, I know, but that's a detailed story of how you got into Golden Sun. So congrats! If you haven't already, feel free to also join the Discord part of our community from the link in the upper right.)
Edited by Nedben, Nov 27 2017, 01:39 PM.
Signature

romantyke
Member Avatar

Hello.

I'll do that. Thanks.
Go, brave Adepts! By your hands, may the remaining lighthouses burn bright once more!

Kongu
Member Avatar

Hey, nice to meet you man, welcome to Sunrise. Nice to find another fan of Dark Dawn. I hope you will consider joining Mars Clan after your first week is up. It is clearly the superior Clan, and your name turns red.
Matthew can't hold any more, so who gets it? - Mustachioed Merchant
What in winter's name? - Olaf
Welcome to another sacreligious Christmas fuck-fest (The Angry Video Game Nerd, Bible Games 2)

romantyke
Member Avatar

Hello.

I didn't know you could actually get to choose your element in this group! That's amazing!

I am more of a water element user personally. I know -- Alex was a part of the Mercury Clan and he was a bummer. But Mia was an absolute angel and I loved her much. As for Piers, King Hydros and the Lemurians, they were also part of the Water Element Users.

I have to admit that Fire Psynergy is a very violent one in my opinion. Of course, the People of Prox were NOT as evil as Saturos, Menardi, Karst and Agatio, but I will have to think this over before taking sides. I personally loved Puelle and the People of Prox.

I'll tell you if I join the Mars Clan or the Mercury Clan.

Cheers.
Alexandre

Delfes
Member Avatar
Regular Adept #18

To be fair, the first game duality would be somewhat awkward in a single game. Like, how would you deal with the party changing and level reset without making things weird? Sure, some games have the whole separate side stories, but they're just that, side stories. For Golden Sun, You'd have to deal with the main story getting cut and losing you party midway through...

Admittedly, I'd find it awesome if we actually got a remake of the first two games where you'd get two routes, first one being the Isaac route where you get the entire first game + what they did until Jupiter lighthouse and stop after going down the lighthouse. Then unlock Felix route from there, where you start off following Saturos and Menardi and seeing what happens on their side + The Lost Age and have Isaac party join as usual without needing the password since you'd have it all in one game.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Rule of existence: Whenever luck is involved, somehow, somewhere, someone will get trolled by it.

romantyke
Member Avatar

That'd be indeed an excellent remake. The passwords makes it a little awkward. I did at least twenty playthroughs in the GBA series and I hate the password part. I have to use emulators and a local link function since it speeds up things.

Neshi
Member Avatar
☀ Lana the adventurer☀

Hiya, nice to meet you! ^.^)/ Welcome to our Golden Sunrise! Hope you'll feel good here! <3
My Sunrise Awards <3

Posted Image
Click for more info about Golden Sun Legends! Also click to see The Chronicles of Golden Sunrise!
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

romantyke
Member Avatar

Thank you kindly.

Violet Spinel
Member Avatar
Jupiter CEO

Oh! Heya, nice to meetcha! Sorry I was a bit late to the welcoming committee, huh...

I'm Mr. Spinel. Resident cool guy that everyone loves unconditionally, huh. Even Mr. Catman would say I'm the absolute strongest member here, right Catman? *nudge nudge*

Anyways, I always use honorifics because I'm weird like that, huh. Just so I can get this outta the way, are you Mr. Romantyke or Ms. Romantyke? ...doctor Romantyke, maybe...?
Posted Image Sunrise's Machinist Hero shall not back down! Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

romantyke
Member Avatar

Haha. I like your humor. Very refreshing, bro. :)
I am Mr. Romantyke. My name is Alexandre, from French Canada. Just call me Alex.

Miva
Member Avatar
Sleigh Puller

Hello, welcome to the forum! (I'm even later to the welcoming party, sorry)
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image Posted Image

romantyke
Member Avatar

Hello. It's okay. :)

DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · City Gates · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Member of the Golden Sun United Nations, helping fansites help each other since 2016
CLAN POINTS
Venus
33 Points
Mars
14 Points
Jupiter
12 Points
Mercury
0 Points
Last season winner is Venus

Affiliates

Golden Sunrise GSAR ToK Golden Sun Universe GSHC GSL Aeiou TLW GSUN