Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Posted ImageWelcome to Golden Sunrise. We hope you enjoy your visit.
Golden Sunrise is a Golden Sun fan forum. Along with Golden Sun discussion, Golden Sunrise members enjoy particularly debate, forum games, role-playing, and various forms of creativity from writing to visual art to music.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you can post in the City Gates section. If you join our community, you'll be able to makes posts in the other sections and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Should we replace the Forum Tough Guy Award with a Best Character Award?
Yes, The Forum Character Award is much better. Axe the Forum Tough guy Award, and add the new one in. 2 (40%)
No, the Forum Tough Guy Award is too crucial. Leave it and don't add the Character Award. 0 (0%)
No, the Forum Tough Guy Award is too crucial, but I still think you should add the Character Award. Axe a different Award to make room. 3 (60%)
Total Votes: 5
Pre-Awards Discussion 2017
Topic Started: Nov 17 2017, 03:15 PM (507 Views)
Shadowfyst997
Member Avatar
The Dark Wolf General

Hey guys, guess what season it is? What...? No, not Winter, don't be silly. It's Awaaaaaaaaaaaards Seasooooooooooon! Woo! Best time of the year, am I right? Heh, anyways it's almost time to kick things off!

As always, before the actual award nominations segment begins, we like to give the community a chance to have their say in the actual awards themselves. Presented below is the set of awards used last year. Are there any awards you don't like? Any Awards you feel should be in there instead? Do you feel a different character represents the award better? Now is your chance to give your opinion! Please discuss below! Deadline for discussion is November 24th, at midnight MST.

Posted Image Isaac Award - Best Veteran 2017. Posted Image
Posted Image Garet Award - Funniest Member 2017. Posted Image
Posted Image Ivan Award - Most Intelligent Member 2017. Posted Image
Posted Image Mia Award - Most Helpful Member 2017. Posted Image

Posted Image Felix Award - Best Title 2017. Posted Image
Posted Image Jenna Award - Best Username 2017. Posted Image
Posted Image Sheba Award - Best Avatar and Signature 2017. Posted Image
Posted Image Piers Award - Most Productive Member 2017. Posted Image

Posted Image Matthew Award - Best Roleplayer 2017. Posted Image
Posted Image Tyrell Award - Best Gamer 2017. Posted Image
Posted Image Karis Award - Forum Cutie Member 2017. Posted Image
Posted Image Rief Award - Best Debater 2017. Posted Image

Posted Image Himi Award - Most Normal Member 2017. Posted Image
Posted Image Eoleo Award - Forum Tough Guy 2017. Posted Image
Posted Image Sveta Award - Best Newbie 2017. Posted Image
Posted Image Amiti Award - Most Creative Member 2017.Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image <-- Courtesy of Safe Haven and Saucy Goblin respectively! :3 <3

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Catman
Member Avatar
Loneliest Stardust Crusader
Will it be possible to vote for forum characters this year?
WHY ARE WE STILL HERE...Posted Image...JUST TO SUFFER?!

Tinfect
Member Avatar
30 Days of Artillery Bombardment

I nominate myself, for all awards!
Posted Image
Aeiou's Iron Queen

Nedben
Member Avatar
Orzic Nedbens

Catman has a point, there's been a lot of new and decently relevant characters this year and some of them might need some form of award.

Best Forum Character (general), Best Villain, Best Supporting Actress Character, Best Described (generally a battle of who has more thorough and/or high-quality backstory, since there's a lot of good artists on this forum as far as making visual description a tight race) and the badge is awarded to the owner(s)' accounts or the RP character itself if it has an account?

Best Forum Character would probably be represented by...idk, Purple Quartz made by shadowfolk doppelgangering Higsby's sprite? He's the most immediately emblematic Sunrise-specific original character distinct enough from its creator, would need to ask Mr. Spinel on that. If we had to stick with canon sprites, no clue but there might be good candidates like masked!Felix.

Best Villain would be any of the major villains: Saturos, Menardi, Karst, Agatio, and Alex all have portraits, maybe the Alex Award?

Best Supporting Character...Babi, maybe? Maybe Sunshine if he doesn't get Best Described.

Best Described Character....uh...Golden Sun I haven't been much of one for description, but either Sunshine or Obaba will do to represent forging the character, I guess.

thoughts?
Edited by Nedben, Nov 18 2017, 07:16 PM.
Signature

Catman
Member Avatar
Best Forum characters should be represented by whoever wins it.

Violet Spinel
Member Avatar
Jupiter CEO

Personally, I am very in favour of forum characters getting recognition, but unfortunately staff seems to agree that we have to stick with in-game assets, huh.

Still, I'm gonna at least see if we can get some kind character awards of some sort.
Posted Image Sunrise's Machinist Hero shall not back down! Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

Delfes
Member Avatar
Regular Adept #18

I don't think having an award represented by a forum character is a very good idea other than best forum character award having the winner on it if that award is added. Having the award won by not that person would be a bit awkward, since that would make you better at what the award is for than the member representing the award themselves, which makes no sense.

Also, I'm not sure what the point of nominating a character would be. In the end, the winner will be the same as nominating the member, so why not nominate the member while specifying the character as the reason?
Posted ImagePosted Image

Rule of existence: Whenever luck is involved, somehow, somewhere, someone will get trolled by it.

Nedben
Member Avatar
Orzic Nedbens

Posted Image
This guy's linked in several places on the wiki, but no good soloshots of regular masked Felix. Got a good one from the same place though.
Posted Image

T_T Crop, corner bevel, and Masked Felix Award for Best Forum Character?
Signature

Miva
Member Avatar
Sleigh Puller

Itís been a year already?
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Tichondrian
Member Avatar
Tide Warden

Best Squid award and Cake award missing, we need these.
One for all, and all for me。
Avatar by Yurax-Mae. Signature by Neshirys

Shadowfyst997
Member Avatar
The Dark Wolf General

Yeah, unfortunately forum characters would be really tricky to implement practically and fairly.

And Best Squid would only have one candidate. And we don't talk about the Cake, heheheheh

Were there any other suggestions?
A poll has been added regarding the Character Award that was requested. We looked over the current list and decided that if we were to add it, the Forum Tough Guy Award would be the best one to replace. Please let us know what you think.
Edited by Shadowfyst997, Nov 30 2017, 03:26 PM.
Posted Image Posted Image <-- Courtesy of Safe Haven and Saucy Goblin respectively! :3 <3

Nedben
Member Avatar
Orzic Nedbens

Why the axeing though? I could understand if there's not a template for the actual award process and changing the names might be easier than changing images, but is there a limit to the capacity of the badge scripts or something that makes it a hassle?

Best Roleplayer could probably be fused with it since...well, I may just be bad at starting roleplays but I don't think we *did* much this year outside the events. Feel free to show up in roleplays, ask some OOC comments, and resolve that if you want, I have like 3 free prompts lying around and a whole thread of ideas and that's before people come up with their own.

Unless you're counting the Discord-hosted D&D. Then one of you guys is up for that heavily :P
Edited by Nedben, Nov 30 2017, 04:30 PM.
Signature

Shadowfyst997
Member Avatar
The Dark Wolf General

The reason for the axe was to keep it at an even 16. But yeah, Best Roleplayer is another option.

Catman
Member Avatar
Get rid of Roleplayer so that I can actually get an award this year, even if I'm the only good candidate for it :^)

There's basically been no significant RP in ages anyway. Also the Tough Guy Award is paired with the Cutie Award right? IMO Best Username is the most pointless award, because name changes are rare and it doesn't really signify anything fancy. Titles and Signatures/Avatars have a lot more thought put into them, and are worthy of awards. Ideally all three of these could be combined into "Coolest Member" or something.

Delfes
Member Avatar
Regular Adept #18

As much as I've noticed the interest in RP more or less vanished, I don't think that award needs to go. As much as Catman would dislike it, I actually think Tough guy is more or less meaningless, since it's pretty much just used as the "Catman likes stereotypical manliness more than everyone else here award" at the moment, which is kinda pointless.

Although if only one is to be replaced, the obvious choice to me is to not get rid of an award in the first place. Username, signature and avatar are all basically how you appear on the forum at a glance. Separating them is like making an award for best looking person excluding haircut, and a second one for best hair if we were to apply it to real life people. It doesn't really make sense to me, so the obvious answer for me is: combine best username with best avatar and signature to make a single award out of it yet still keep both, and have best character take the now free spot.

Which I guess would make my vote option 4: Tough guy isn't crucial, but there's a way to axe nothing and have the award, so why axe anything?
Posted ImagePosted Image

Rule of existence: Whenever luck is involved, somehow, somewhere, someone will get trolled by it.

ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Register for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Golden Sunrise Awards · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Member of the Golden Sun United Nations, helping fansites help each other since 2016
CLAN POINTS
Venus
33 Points
Mars
14 Points
Jupiter
12 Points
Mercury
0 Points
Last season winner is Venus

Affiliates

Golden Sunrise GSAR ToK Golden Sun Universe GSHC GSL Aeiou TLW GSUN