Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Posted ImageWelcome to Golden Sunrise. We hope you enjoy your visit.
Golden Sunrise is a Golden Sun fan forum. Along with Golden Sun discussion, Golden Sunrise members enjoy particularly debate, forum games, role-playing, and various forms of creativity from writing to visual art to music.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you can post in the City Gates section. If you join our community, you'll be able to makes posts in the other sections and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Anemos and Lemuria during Dark Dawn; I wanted this to be two threads but it would be too long.
Topic Started: Nov 17 2017, 12:28 AM (124 Views)
Kongu
Member Avatar

I'm about halfway through my third Dark Dawn playthrough, and I came up with a few cool ideas.
If we are right and Anemos is on the dark side of the moon, did all of the Jupiter adepts on Anemos die when the sun shine down on their city during the eclipse? I assume that them being so close to the sun for such a prolonged period of time would be similar to the effects of Apollo. As I was thinking about Anemos basically being a Jupiter version of Lemuria, I came up with an idea for where Lemuria went. Since Jupiter adepts made Anemos float midair, maybe the Lemurians sunk Lemuria underwater, protected by a sort of bubble shied. We know that many of the people in the Senate (how is it a Senate if there is only one province of Lemuria?) are conservative, and some of the citizens might be too. They could have locked themselves away from the world underwater to preserve their culture and ignore the changes that alchemy would have brought.
Matthew can't hold any more, so who gets it? - Mustachioed Merchant
What in winter's name? - Olaf
Welcome to another sacreligious Christmas fuck-fest (The Angry Video Game Nerd, Bible Games 2)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Nedben
Member Avatar
Orzic Nedbens

We know that the Lemurians did some naval repairs for somebody or other in the Dark Dawn era, and I'm not sure how much of Angara got Eclipse'd but I thought it cut off soon enough that out in the Sea of Time things would be safe.

As far as Anemos, I thought the Eclipse Tower was doing the eclipsing itself, so Anemos didn't have to do anything and could stay, y'know, at a decent distance.
Signature

Delfes
Member Avatar
Regular Adept #18

I thought the Grave Eclipse was just the tower absorbing light too, and the moon was completely unrelated. I doubt the Anemos would have stayed up on their flying chunk of land if it was getting so horribly hot it was deadly. They brought it up, pretty sure they can bring it down. Bringing it down is likely easier too. I mean, bringing it up probably requires insane amounts of Jupiter energy, unlike bringing it down which would probably just be a case of lowering the output until it lands safely, or straight up shutting off all sources of energy if they think they can survive a crash landing. Worst case scenario, abandoning ship(or land) isn't exactly impossible either. I mean, Sheba did it as a child if I remember right.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Rule of existence: Whenever luck is involved, somehow, somewhere, someone will get trolled by it.

Nedben
Member Avatar
Orzic Nedbens

Imagine what would happen if the entirety of Anemos just decided to go back home and be like 'sup' to Contigo after so much time separated.
Signature

Kongu
Member Avatar

Ah, you must be right. It's been a while since my last playthrough, so I must've forgotten the details.
Matthew can't hold any more, so who gets it? - Mustachioed Merchant
What in winter's name? - Olaf
Welcome to another sacreligious Christmas fuck-fest (The Angry Video Game Nerd, Bible Games 2)

ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
« Previous Topic · Dark Dawn and Beyond (DS and Other) · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Member of the Golden Sun United Nations, helping fansites help each other since 2016
CLAN POINTS
Venus
33 Points
Mars
14 Points
Jupiter
12 Points
Mercury
0 Points
Last season winner is Venus

Affiliates

Golden Sunrise GSAR ToK Golden Sun Universe GSHC GSL Aeiou TLW GSUN