Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Posted ImageWelcome to Golden Sunrise. We hope you enjoy your visit.
Golden Sunrise is a Golden Sun fan forum. Along with Golden Sun discussion, Golden Sunrise members enjoy particularly debate, forum games, role-playing, and various forms of creativity from writing to visual art to music.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you can post in the City Gates section. If you join our community, you'll be able to makes posts in the other sections and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Lemurian Ship; pictures needed
Topic Started: Jul 28 2017, 11:01 PM (317 Views)
Neshi
Member Avatar
☀ LOVELY HERMIT☀

Has anyone seen a picture of whole Lemurian ship anywhere? :Piers:

I've always wondered if there are any art concepts of it with all details? Or maybe a detailed 3d model?

There are some pictures I managed to find:
Posted Image Posted Image

My Sunrise Awards <3

Posted Image
Click for more info about Golden Sun Legends! Also click to see The Chronicles of Golden Sunrise!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kirigishi
Member Avatar

Well, this is from the game:
Posted Image

And it looks like someone has made a pretty epic Lego model of the thing:
Posted Image

Aside from that, no official art, unfortunately. T_T

Delfes
Member Avatar
Regular Adept #18

Well, there is those few screenshots from TLA when it's stuck on the beach and when you're docked with the wings getting attached, but the details are kind of meh.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Rule of existence: Whenever luck is involved, somehow, somewhere, someone will get trolled by it.

Neshi
Member Avatar
☀ LOVELY HERMIT☀

Yes, I saw those screens from the game and also that umm lego model;
Posted Image
Posted Image

But I'm searching for all details, especially the back part of the ship, these ornaments that are (barely) visible in the official GSTLA poster and looks like there are no resources :(
My Sunrise Awards <3

Posted Image
Click for more info about Golden Sun Legends! Also click to see The Chronicles of Golden Sunrise!

Delfes
Member Avatar
Regular Adept #18

You can at least assume the ship is symmetrical, so only one side visible like the second poster should be enough for both sides and the front. For the back that can't be seen at all, I'd personally assume the line ornament pattern that looks like it's turning around the corner actually does and joins up with the same line from the other side. I guess you could add a little something in the middle if you want, but the ship was never very detailed officially, unfortunately. Then again, that does leave a bit more room for creativity, say if you wanted to add some windows at the back too or something. Weirdly enough, the in-game screenshot looks like the boat has small dragon paws at the front and no window, while the official art has windows a bit farther down the side and no dragon paws.

Edit: Or... upon closer look, I think those window looking things are the dragon paws.
Edited by Delfes, Jul 29 2017, 07:11 PM.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Rule of existence: Whenever luck is involved, somehow, somewhere, someone will get trolled by it.

Nedben
Member Avatar
Orzic Nedbens

Did you load up TLA yet and sail upward to see if you could even get the sprite? Gonna hemmorhage some interior images in case they help.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Managed to find a spritesheet on Google Images that has an opinion, but idk.

Posted Image
Signature

Neshi
Member Avatar
☀ LOVELY HERMIT☀

Thanks Ned and Del! ^.^ Sadly the sprite has no details and all I can do is still using my imagination... :...:

Does anyone like to create 3d models maybe? :happy:
My Sunrise Awards <3

Posted Image

Delfes
Member Avatar
Regular Adept #18

I... can... I mean, I do have a program for it, but it's an engineering program, not a graphic modelling one like you'd use for 3D models in games. Then again, I do have a history of modelling dumb stuff with that thing, like a shapeshifting scythe or a crossbow-axe, so I guess a boat isn't all that much out of the question. XD

Oh, and a small car too, though almost all of the frame was made by my teacher or had us follow very specific step by step instructions so everyone in class' cars were nearly identical. I only did the stupid parts like the back wings(technically, he asked for a spoiler, I thought my idea was better) and I think the steps on the side of the car below the doors.
Edited by Delfes, Jul 29 2017, 11:40 PM.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Nedben
Member Avatar
Orzic Nedbens

I think the back really is flat and detail free minus the rudder, and the sprite is detail free in that area because there's nothing to detail. Is there anything particular you are looking for, or just general reference art?
Signature

Violet Spinel
Member Avatar
Jupiter CEO

I'm impressed at how effective those images were though, Mr. Nedben.
I got a pretty good idea of the ship's shape.

THAT LEGO SET LOOKS SO COOL AND ACCURATE TOO, HIH
Posted Image Sunrise's Machinist Hero shall not back down! Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
« Previous Topic · The Sun Sagas (GBA games) · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Member of the Golden Sun United Nations, helping fansites help each other since 2016
CLAN POINTS
Venus
33 Points
Mars
14 Points
Jupiter
12 Points
Mercury
0 Points
Last season winner is Venus

Affiliates

Golden Sunrise GSAR ToK Golden Sun Universe GSHC GSL Aeiou TLW GSUN