Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Posted ImageWelcome to Golden Sunrise. We hope you enjoy your visit.
Golden Sunrise is a Golden Sun fan forum. Along with Golden Sun discussion, Golden Sunrise members enjoy particularly debate, forum games, role-playing, and various forms of creativity from writing to visual art to music.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you can post in the City Gates section. If you join our community, you'll be able to makes posts in the other sections and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Attention Sunrise I have an idea; gapgapgapgap
Topic Started: Jul 12 2017, 06:47 PM (349 Views)
Nedben
Member Avatar
Orzic Nedbens

Statement I put on the Discord

So while the admins and schedule have been incapacitated by life and lag respectively, I'm starting an event of my own to revive the place a little. You've told me to be brief before, so I'll skip the intro stories and cut almost straight to the meat.

Initial proposal:

The last few things have been unduly laissez faire. So I'm starting a series of freeform roleplay/storybait/contest things, (initially as a placeholder) centered around the invasion of the combined forces of Gaap from Umineko and the shadowfolk country Voidland, to multiple Weyards, primarily the allianceverse where there are actual countries to invade and partially the forum meta-board verse where author avatars walk around and battle each other in Randomness, so we can be ACTIVE while we're being laissez faire as all hell. The initial (hilariously, mostly-IC) planning thread is here, but it could be anything and anything so ymmv.

I was originally gonna have it be a ripoff of Magica Hostia's support aspect where you created art and participated in roleplays to grant yourself specific dominations/lucky rolls/authorized otherwise-godmod declare moves/more OCs with special powers outside the norm/surprise mystic reinforcements/more logistical supplies/something, but then honestly you're all too busy for that so I'll likely only initiate that if 1. we get the idea off the ground and 2. people ask for it.

I intend to have the main war be sort of an actual war roleplay like NationStates at its best rather than its worst but with plenty of individual action opportunities and the ability to veer into SCC-style collabwrites or abnormal control schemes if it will just merit any and all form of response; I'll accept a country or make up a region explicitly for this purpose, raise blatant-Ry'leh-expy/open shadowfolk invasion portal, and then things will happen, unless an alternative is proposed, accepted, and we do that instead.

There will be some secondary elements like the occasional challenge or thread in general discussion or games that I can make be worth event points if we decide on the Magica Hostia system where even just showing up and roleplaying is worth points, if that's necessary or desired, but I'll be very battledraw and erratic about this and may reward additional points for excellent writing under no clear system or allow certain debates to cede either in the interest of narrative causality or overwhelming numbers whenever I want. But the point is I will do a lot in order to make something, for once, JUST HAPPEN ALREADY.

Talk, people. Give me ideas. Comments. Suggestions. Pledges of acceptance or even blatant refusal (if refusing please justify so I have more). Don't be silent: post, post, post even if you don't care, post even if it's a one-line statement or a one-word response, I'm just begging you remind me you're actually alive there in the abyss of lurking, come on, someone do something! You could even propose something else entirely!
Edited by Nedben, Jul 12 2017, 06:58 PM.
Signature
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Miva
Member Avatar
Sleigh Puller

Sorry I've not been around much. What with the new job, and then I got Zelda breath of the wild, which ive been addicted to.

This sounds good, if ambitious. For me though I don't think I can dedicate time to creative writing and rping, though I will try the take part a small bit if it goes ahead.

for my own part I want to build the feeling of community, which for me means talking about real life and experiences and opinions, so in conjunction with your efforts I'll put effort into those kind of topics and posts.
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Nedben
Member Avatar
Orzic Nedbens

Thanks for the commentary and possible assistance! :D Does anyone have further opinions, or should I write some more consistent ideas first and then poll the community again?
Signature

Delfes
Member Avatar
Regular Adept #18

Calm down, Nedben, it hasn't even been a day. XD You might be used to quickfire, but this community isn't large enough for quickfire with dozens of posts per thread in a day.

As for my opinion on the matter, I'd rather not include Gaap, at the very least, since that's bringing in a character from a different series that doesn't fit in particularly well in the Golden Sun universe. Though I'd love to see more happen with the alliance world.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Rule of existence: Whenever luck is involved, somehow, somewhere, someone will get trolled by it.

Nedben
Member Avatar
Orzic Nedbens

I know, but it's hard to shake when every community I've got high activity benchmarks from was honestly much smaller than this with only a few really large ones that are more platforms than groups ever being that available on a communal scale. Maybe it's just a bump in community size where it's too big and too primarily-busy-people to have that everyone-knows-everyone effect that results in being scheduled into free time, but too small and slow growing that the sheer volume of newbies and subsets takes over for the inactive crowd.

(and spoiler alert to the lurkers: I SEE YOU ON THE ONLINE LIST for more than the 30 minutes it takes you to automatically time off for just opening the index page and then closing it, what are you looking at lol)

...on second thought it might have nothing to do with community size and have something to do with time it takes to post. How long does it usually take y'all to slam down a quick 'this is nice'/'this sucks but said politely' post, when the response is explicitly requested to be waived of any lengthening save to obey forum rules? hmmmmm

I'll switch out Gaap for another initiator character. Any suggestions or should I start rewriting propositions for Anemos?
Edited by Nedben, Jul 13 2017, 08:33 PM.
Signature

Ashtoro
Member Avatar
Paladin of Hallowed Light

Since your so adamant about getting a response it's basically tl;dr. I skim it and see words like "roleplay" and nope out.

Sorry mate, your enthusiasm is admirable but things that take a modicum of creative effort or reading don't appeal to me. I got Zelda and other things to play.
-- Ashtoro

Nedben
Member Avatar
Orzic Nedbens

Thank you for donating your time and effort to write that, will take note in future attempts. It's just so hard to get expectations out of people that I just throw ideas at the wall and see what sticks in hopes of getting a clear cut 'this is interesting' or 'this is not interesting'. :3
Signature

DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Suggestions · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Member of the Golden Sun United Nations, helping fansites help each other since 2016
CLAN POINTS
Venus
33 Points
Mars
14 Points
Jupiter
12 Points
Mercury
0 Points
Last season winner is Venus

Affiliates

Golden Sunrise GSAR ToK Golden Sun Universe GSHC GSL Aeiou TLW GSUN