Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Posted ImageWelcome to Golden Sunrise. We hope you enjoy your visit.
Golden Sunrise is a Golden Sun fan forum. Along with Golden Sun discussion, Golden Sunrise members enjoy particularly debate, forum games, role-playing, and various forms of creativity from writing to visual art to music.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you can post in the City Gates section. If you join our community, you'll be able to makes posts in the other sections and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
General Clan Chat
Topic Started: May 19 2017, 01:59 PM (355 Views)
Miva
Member Avatar

Hey, whats the current status of the clans?

I know both Mars and Venus are active. I think Venus has 4 members, I would guess Mars has 3?

How about Jupiter and Mercury?

If you're reading this and in a clan, shout out your allegiance.
Edited by Miva, May 19 2017, 02:02 PM.
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Catman
Member Avatar
Loneliest Stardust Crusader

Mars has four, but Deltan is fairly MIA and I don't think Wishmaster is ever really going to contribute clan-wise. He's strictly here for D&D really.
WHY ARE WE STILL HERE...Posted Image...JUST TO SUFFER?!

Saucy Goblin
Member Avatar
Sunrise's Token Hobgoblin Character

basically that except mars clan forever.
To be a shining hobgoblin, as in my dreams!
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Safe Haven
Member Avatar
Bratty Vagabond

Mercury is... there. I know Sagie is online a lot on discord. We just haven't really been able to convene as of late.
Awards

Delfes
Member Avatar
Regular Adept #18

I exist, for what it's worth.
Oh right, gotta shout my allegiance too.
JUPITER!!!
Edited by Delfes, May 25 2017, 03:25 AM.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Rule of existence: Whenever luck is involved, somehow, somewhere, someone will get trolled by it.

AllanaM
Member Avatar

If you don't mind my asking, what exactly are the clans?

Catman
Member Avatar

They are/were groups of duders that wanted a name colour and djinn badge. Then they were also a competition thing where posting and topic making etc earned points for your clan. Then they were also a creativity thing with subjects related to your clan's theme. Then they were alliances instead and a better creativity thing happened (though I have to question the scope of work anyone other than Mars ended up doing). Then they were clans again and that creativity thing became open to everyone on the forum. Now they aren't being used for anything but we have custom banner badges for post counts at least.

Venus, Jupiter, Mercury and Mars are each the elements from the games. Isaac is a Venus duder, Mia is Mercury, Sheba is Jupiter (?) and Agassotio/ Agatio and the other villain dudes funnily enough are Mars. Each comes with the usual traits and what not, but they don't matter to everyone the same way or as much. Jupiters seem to be smart ones, Mercury and Venus seem to both be creative types, and Mars is almost always the cool kids club, I can vouch for that because I've been in this clan since this forum added them... though I was alone in this clan for quite some time, heh. But anyway, you needn't worry about any game aspects nor even any game meanings if you don't want to. Just pick the colour you like the most, that's all it really does, aside from the clan forum and chat channel on Discord.

If you join Mars, that's cool. I dunno what other clans are like about new members these days, in the past members have tended to get all in people's faces about getting them on board asap but no one in Mars really cares for this. It was always either me on my own, the retro trio, me on my own again and right now it's the classic trio. We have more than three members but really only the classic trio that is Saucy Goblin, Deltan and I; actually did anything during the last creativity stuff. It's comfy like this though, I suppose, since it means dealing with less people for collaboration work. Wouldn't mean we'd be upset if anyone active joined us though.
Edited by Catman, Jun 1 2018, 12:17 AM.

Sagie
Member Avatar
crotchety

It sounds like there may be upcoming changes to the clan system, though, so it might be worth it to hang in there and see what happens. I'm curious myself.

Tichondrian
Member Avatar
Tide Warden

Can't talk, in a pool party
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
One for all, and all for me。
Avatar by Yurax-Mae. Signature by Neshirys

Shadowfyst997
Member Avatar
The Dark Wolf General

Venus Clan always seems to have an affinity to puns. I thought this might just be true here, but it's been a constant thing in the Venus Clan or equivalent in every GS forum I've seen.
Posted Image Posted Image <-- Courtesy of Safe Haven and Saucy Goblin respectively! :3 <3

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

AllanaM
Member Avatar

Well, I suppose that's a nice history of the clans, but I'm still somewhat confused - I get that they're no longer competitive groups, but apart from a way to change the color of their name, what are they exactly? I can tell that there's a lot of pride going on, and I know where the idea of clans come from - you had the Mercury one in Imil, and the Fire one in Prox, and there's hints that an Earth one used to exist in the ruins near Champa, but what about here?

I apologize if I'm not picking it up well, I just don't really have the attachment to these clans y'all seem to have. Is it just something you join if you think you'd be an adept of that element, is it based on what part of the world you're from? If it's just a hangout or something, what all is done in a clan to make it worth joining over another, or at all?

Delfes
Member Avatar
Regular Adept #18

Honestly there's been a lot of changes to those. At first it used to be what element you'd be in Golden Sun, but that got separated so now there's a different little badge on the profile saying what element adept you'd be if you want one and the clan ended up being just the group you wanted to work with for the competition, so you'd choose the group with whoever you liked in it. Then that got changed to allow teaming up with members of other clans, so now it's really just a color to the name and doesn't do much beyond that.

Each clan has a hidden board members of other clans can't see to speak with each other, and they were used back when the clans were more of a competitive thing to discuss ideas on what the entries/what each clan(one clan was basically a team back then) would do without having the other teams know about it. I can't speak for the other clans since I've only ever been in Jupiter, but for us the hidden board was completely unused outside of competition talk about what we were planning to submit and didn't want other clans to see and since that's not really happening at the moment it hasn't been used at all in a while.

Long story short, it's basically just a name color at this point.
Edited by Delfes, Jun 2 2018, 05:40 PM.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Rule of existence: Whenever luck is involved, somehow, somewhere, someone will get trolled by it.

Catman
Member Avatar

Us Mars dudes made a fair few shitposts in our board and barely used it for anything else because Discord is better for communicating ideas faster, and we're always there anyway.

AllanaM
Member Avatar

I see... In that case I think I'll have to decline. I'm sorry... I get the impression that this is something meant for veterans, and I don't want to intrude, being new to the series still.

Catman
Member Avatar

Hey now. I've never even played the games aside from taking part in a group speedrun of TLA. (And doing really badly)

« Previous Topic · Clan Registration and Badges · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Member of the Golden Sun United Nations, helping fansites help each other since 2016
CLAN POINTS
Venus
33 Points
Mars
14 Points
Jupiter
12 Points
Mercury
0 Points
Last season winner is Venus

Affiliates

Golden Sunrise GSAR ToK Golden Sun Universe GSHC GSL Aeiou TLW GSUN